Wednesday, September 30, 2009

creamery

I went to Happy Cow for the first time today. It was a pleasant drive along highway 25. Here's a photo of some friendly cows. I imagine they are conversing about the beautiful weather and the lovely tree shadow lying next to them. Perhaps, as Geraldine reclines comfortably next to Betty, she wonders how she will muster out the grass blade stuck between her back teeth.

Actually, while at the creamery, I had a sneak in the milking room. It was pretty interesting. The cows are milked twice a day; first in the morning at five and then in the evening - around 430. I was lucky enough to see the process. I must say though - I did feel slightly awkward when the milk doctor made some joke about the cow's teat... eeeeeeee. I know: I need to be more grownup about these things. but. um... haha.

Anyway, this was sortof the eventful - different than the norm - part of my day today. It was mostly fun going without anyone. sometimes these individual adventures are the most exciting... :)

2 comments: